During this time of year every one is extremely busy with lots of events, and end of the year tasks to finish up. Just when you think you are moving at a good pace, it happens, you get sick! Being sick is no fun and it forces you to slow down and rest. Though you cannot control if and when you get sick there are certain things you can do to help keep your immune system strong.
6 Tips to Stay Healthy During the Holiday Season
- Get enough sleep to allow your body the properly rest and recovery.
- Do not over book and over commit yourself, you are just asking your immune system to work overtime.
- Eat vegetables, fruits, quality protein, complex cabs, and healthy fats to fuel your body to work at its best!
- Get some movement in, even though the weather is not as favorable this time of year, keep your body moving.
- Wash your hands often and especially before you eat.
- Visit us to get your flu shot if you have not already.
We wish you lots of joy and cheer and a Merry Christmas from all of us at Colonial Internal Medicine Associates!